Enjolras breaking up with R. I want to hear scenarios.
god i have a lot of angsty ones (also tumblr unfollowed you frick how rude)
- Both being in an open relationship, it’s easier that way. But a night of unsafe sex leads to Enjolras contracting HIV. Grantaire leaves him a week after the results, because he has so little faith in himself, and he can’t cope with the idea of Enjolras being ill and needing him
- Grantaire’s success causes their lives to crash. He’s finally become a successful painter, people are falling over themselves to be painted by him. But associations to the often extreme group Enjolras runs, threatens to be the downfall of his career.
- Enjolras comes home one day and breaks up with Grantaire without explanation, packing a bag and leaving. Grantaire see’s his picture on the news less than an hour later, Enjolras has assassinated the french president. Neither Grantaire nor the other Amis ever hear from him again
- Misery doesn’t become Enjolras. And it’s exhausting. It’s not Grantaire’s fault he suffers from depression, but the stress of it causes the relationship to crack, Enjolras believing that his involvement in Grantaires life is only worsening his mental health problems
- Grantaire moves to London for a summer art program, it’s lonely in a foreign city without any friends, and before it’s even over, he regrets seeking comfort in anothers arms. He admits everything to Enjolras, and they try to fix it, but Enjolras can’t get over the betrayal
- As things with the Amis start to become more extreme, Enjolras has to decide who he’s going to drag down with him into a life of political violence. He cares about Grantaire too much to put him in that kind of life. He decides the kindest thing to do is end it, though perhaps he should have not told Grantaire that he never loved him, thinking it would make it all easier.
OH SHIT SOME OF THESE ARE GENUINELY PAINFUL, WOW. KUDOS TO YOU.
(The idea of Enjolras killing Francois Hollande out of nowhere, though. Like, he just wakes up one day and thinks ‘Yep, I’m gonna kill him. I don’t like how he dyes his hair.’)
"No homo" cries the team at the dig site. The head archaeologist sinks to his knees, sobbing. He has dedicated his entire career to the pursuit of homo habilis, an important part of the hominid evolutionary line. All his work led up to this archaeological dig site. But now, his whole life has been for nothing. There is no homo….there is only Australopithecus.
I read this to a group of archaeologists and they completely lost their shit